The receiver can keep up to 4 different remote codes in memory. Use the following instructions to add remote to the system or to change button assignment. The valet button, is used for programming. System also comes with one remote that has been programmed to the receiver already.
Steps on how to program new and existing remote:
1. Turn the key in ignition to On.
2. Within 10 seconds, press the valet button the number of times corresponding to the desired channel listed below. Then, press the switch once more and HOLD it.The LED will flash to confirm. Do not release the valet switch.
3. While holding the valet button, press the button you’re programming to the system.
4. Once the code is programmed, you can now release the valet button.
You can program from one channel to another by releasing the valet switch and tapping it to advance steps and then holding it. For instance: You have programmed Channel 1 and want to program Channel 2. Release the valet switch. Press it one time and release it to advance from Channel 1 to Channel 2. Now, press and HOLD the valet switch. The LED will flash two times. As before, do not release it. If you want to program the 3rd channel after programming Channel 1, release the Program switch, press it twice and release it to advance to Channel 3. Then press it again and HOLD it. LED will flash three times to confirm it’s ready to program the remote.
Steps to program the Remote to the System:
1. The driver’s door must be left opened until the remote is programmed.
2. Press the valet switch/button.
3. Turn the ignition to ON.
4. Within 5 seconds of step 3 press the valet/program switch 1 time, release it, press it again and hold it. You may hear a chirp, beep, or honk.
5. Within 5 seconds press left button on remote for 2 seconds. You may hear chirp, beep, or honk.
6. Release the valet switch/button, press again, and release it, press again, hold it. Press the right button on the remote (get chirp, beep, or honk) and release the valet switch/button, press again, release it, press again and hold it. Press both buttons on the remote and get a chirp, beep, or honk. Then release the valet switch/button.
7. Turn the ignition OFF.
If your vehicle’s system was installed without the valet switch you can order one and install it to make it easier to do the programming.