If the alarm sounds when the driver’s door is opened or car is started press valet switch for with the ignition ON. If did not work, press the switch while the ignition is OFF. Also make sure LED light is off. For programming the remote just follow step 1 to 6.
1. Open the driver door until the remote is programmed.
2. Press the valet/program button located under dash on driverâ€™s side.
3. Turn the ignition to ON.
4. Within a few second of step 3 press the valet/program switch once, release it, press it again and hold it this time. You may hear a chirp, beep, or honk.
5. Within a few second press left button on remote for 2 seconds. You may hear chirp, beep, or honk.
6. Release the valet/program switch, press again, and release it, press again, hold it.
Press the right button on the remote (get chirp, beep, or honk) and release the
valet/program switch, press again, release it, press again and hold it. Press both
buttons on the remote and get a chirp, beep, or honk. Release the switch and turn ignition to OFF.
If your vehicle’s system was installed without the valet switch you can order one and install it to make it easier to do the programming.