These are the 2 ways to program the remote:
1. By accessing the module
2. Without accessing the module–generally the easier approach if your unit has that capability.
I. TRANSMITTER CODE LEARNING AT THE MODULE.
The module is often be located under the driver’s side of the dash and usually mounted above the gas and brake pedals.
1. Turn Control Switch ON.
2. PUsh the RED button to the right of the red LED, The red LED and the dash lights will come on for a second. (The remote starter powers the ignition and accessing wires)
3. Hold down the START button (Button#2) on the transmitter until the red LED an the dash lights come on again for second. (The module has now learned the transmitter code.) Release the transmitter button.
4. To learn additional transmitters(up to 3 more), immediately (within 5 seconds) push and hold the START button (Button#2) on another transmitter until the red LED and the dash lights come on for a second again.
5. Wait 10 seconds after the last transmitter was taught to the unit, the LED, ignition and accessories will flash 4 times signaling tat the unit has exited code Learning.
NOTE: Teaching the module a new transmitter code will erase all previous codes, so all transmitter must be taught at the same time. You have only 5 seconds between transmitters to begin teaching a new transmitter.
II. REMOTE TRANSMITTER CODE LEARNING WITHOUT ACCESSING THE MODULE.
All DesignTech Remote Starters have a special feature that allows new trabsmitters to be taught without accessing the module under the dash.
1. Turn ignition (key) On then OFF (Do not start the vehicle).
2. Flip control toggle switch OFF then ON.
3. Slowly push the brake pedal TWICE (dash lights will turn on for 2 seconds).
4. Flip control toggle switch OFF then ON(while dash lights are on for the transmitter).
5. PUSH and HOLD the START button (Button#2) on the transmitter.
6. The dash lights will turn on then off to signal the code has been learned.
7. Teach other transmitters. Repeat steps 5 and 6.
8. Dash lights will turn on and off four times to signal the exit of the programming mode.
NOTE: These transmitter will not operate other brands of remote starter, alarms, or keyless entry systems.
1. These remotes have a special “SHIFT” feature (Button#1) which allows to control four separate car with a single remote.
2. Anti-Scan technology to prevent copying the frequency.
3. Three color LED to confirm function and remote verification.
4. Uses one 3-volt lithium battery (CR2032), easily obtained at Radio Shack (Ca#23-162) or other stores.
I. To control the 1st vehicle, simply push the button on the remote to control the desired function.
II. To control the 2nd vehicle, when button #1 is pushed, the remote “shifts” to control the second car (the LED light on the remote alternates between RED and GREEN). Then while the LED is flashing, push the button on the remote to control the vehicle with that function.
III. To control the 3rd vehicle, when button #1 is pushed a second time, the remote “shifts” to the control the third car (the LED light now flashes RED). Then while the LED is flashing, push the button on the remote to control the vehicle with that function.
IV. To control the Fourth vehicle, when button #1 is pushed a third time, the remote “shifts” to control the forth car (the colored LED light now flashes GREEN). Then while the LED is flashing, push the button on the remote to control the vehicle with that function.
After the LED stops flashing, the remote goes back to controlling vehicle #1.
IMPORTANT: When programming the same remote to several vehicles, it is important to remember to “shift” the remote accordingly before pushing the START button (Button#2) to program the remote to the system.
If your vehicle’s system was installed without the valet switch you can order one and install it to make it easier to do the programming.