WARNING: Placing the system to program mode will erase all previous programmed remotes, so all remotes should be re/programmed.
Note: You must teach the receiver module in the vehicle with the transmitter code. The BLUE button on your replacement remote is the START button. If you don’t have a blue button on your new remote press ANY button. Teaching the module a new transmitter code will erase all previous remotes controls, so ALL TRANSMITTERS MUST BE TAUGHT AT THE SAME TIME. You have only 5 seconds between transmitters to begin teaching new transmitter.
In most cases to program the remote you need to access the MODULE of the the system. The module is often being located under the driver’s side of the dash, mounted above the pedal controls. The module is 9″ long by 2″ wide with two push butons and one LED on the side.
1. Turn the Control Switch ON (is a toggle switch located under the dash, on driver side with ON and OFF positions)
2. Push the RED or CODE LEARN button. The red LED and the dash lights will come on for a second.
3. Hold dowdn the START buton for 5 seconds on the transmitter until the red LED and dash lights come on again for a second.
4. To learn additional transmitters (up to 3 more), immediately (within 5 seconds) press and hold the same button for 5 SECONDS on another transmitter until the red LED at the dash lights come on for a second again.
5. Turn Control Switch OFF position and wait 10 seconds after the last transmitter was taught to the unit, the LED, ignition at accessories will flash 4 times signaling that the unit has exited code Learning.
6. Test the remote.
7. If doesn’t work fine repeat the same procedure pressing the LOCK button on step 3.
Short Procedure: Control Switch ON, Press and release RED or CODE LEARN button on the brain, Get one LED blink, Press Lock or START button on the remote, urn Control Switch to OFF position, wait for four blink on the LED, Test remote.
Some Models like 20036/20038 and 25536/25538 have other programming procedure (The module will most often be located under the driver’s side of the dash, mounted above the pedal controls. The module is 9″ long by 4″ wide with two LEDS on the top cover).
1. Turn the Control Switch ON (is a toggle switch located under the dash, on the driver side with ON and OFF positions).
2. Flip dipswitch #1 down “ON” the Green LED on the module and the dash lights will come on for a second. (The remote starter powers the ignition and accessory wires).
3. Hold down the LoCK/UNLOCK button for 5 SECONDS on the transmitter until the Green LED and the dash lights come on again for a second. (The module has now learned the transmitter code) Release the transmitter button.
4. To learn additional transmitters (up to 3 more), push and hold the LOCK/UNLOCK for 5 seconds on another transmitter until the Green LED and the dash lights come for a second again.
5. Flip dip switch #1 up “OFF”. The Green LED and the dash lights will flash 4 times signaling the unit has exited Code Learning.