Prepare the system to learn a new remote
1. Open one door.
2. Turn the key to ON position.
3. Within 5 seconds press and release the control button once.
4. Within 5 seconds press and hold control button. If the system is ready to learn remotes the LED will flash in a single flash sequence. The siren or horn will make a single sounds if connected. Release the control button.
5. Press and hold the button for 8 seconds. The remote beeps once, MAIN MENU mis displayed. Release button.
6. Press AUX or until REMOTE PAIR is displayed.
7. Press and hold the button until the remote beeps 3 times. Release button.
8. Press the Key button.
9. Wait several seconds for feedback. If pairing is successful the siren chirps and the remote emits several tones. The screen displays if pairing is successful or failed. If it fails repeat step 4.
10. To exit programming mode press and release key or wait for system to time out in 30 seconds.
TRANSMITTER CODE LEARNING
All Autostart transmitters do not come preprogrammed. They must be â€œCODE LEARNEDâ€ at the time of installation. The unit will hold up to 4 transmitter codes in memory.
To program a new transmitter:
1. Raise the hood
2. Turn valet switch â€œoffâ€.
3. Turn ignition â€œonâ€.
4. Turn valet switch â€œONâ€. Parking lights SHOULD turn on for 5 seconds.
5. Press channel 1 on transmitter within 5 seconds of step 4. (lights will flash 5 times fast, and 2 times slow)
6. Turn ignition off and close the hood.
If your vehicle’s system was installed without the valet switch you can order one and install it to make it easier to do the programming.