This type of system can be paired up with a maximum of 4 remotes and comes with one remote that’s already programmed to it.
Here’s how you program the remote to the system or to change it’s button’s functions.
1. You turn the ignition ON,do not star the engine.
2. In 10 seconds, press the valet switch/button the number of times corresponding to the desired channel listed shown on the picture. Then you press the button one again and HOLD it.The LED will flash and you need to keep on holding the button/switch.
3. While holding the switch/button, press the button on the remote that you’d like to program.
4. When your remote’s button is programmed, that’s the time you can release the valet button/switch.
NOTE: You can program from 1 channel to another by releasing the valet switch and tapping it to advance steps and then holding it. For instance: You have programmed Channel 1 and want to program Channel 2. Release the valet switch. Press it one time and release it to advance from Channel 1 to Channel 2. Now, press and HOLD the valet switch. The LED will flash two times. As before, do not release it. If you want to program the 3rd channel after programming Channel 1, release the Program switch, press it twice and release it to advance to Channel 3. Then press it again and HOLD it. LED will flash three times to confirm it’s ready to program the remote.
Please Note: Alarm must be disarmed. Valet mode wonâ€™t work. The red LED must be off. If there is no working remote and the alarm sounds when you open the door or start the vehicle then do the following: Press valet switch for one second and release with the ignition ON. If that did not work then do it with ignition OFF.
Follow the steps to program your remote:
1. Open the driver’s door.
2. Press the valet switch/button located under dash on driverâ€™s side.
3. Turn the key in the ignition to ON position.
4. Within 5 seconds, press the valet switch/button once, then press and hold it. You may hear a chirp, beep or honk.
5. Within 5 seconds press the left button on the remote for 2 seconds and you may hear chirp, beep, or honk.
6. Release the valet switch/button, press again and release it, then press and hold it. Press the right button on the remote and release the valet switch/button, press again, release it, then press and hold it. Press both buttons on the remote and get a chirp, beep, or honk.
7. Release the valet switch button and turn the key in the ignition to OFF.
If your vehicle’s system was installed without the valet switch you can order one and install it to make it easier to do the programming.