Alarm must be disarmed. Valet mode wonâ€™t work. The red LED must be off. If there is no working remote and the alarm sounds when you open the door or start the vehicle then do the following: Press valet switch for one second and release with the ignition ON. If that doesnâ€™t work then do it with ignition OFF.
Adding a new remote:
1. Open driver door until the remote is programmed.
2. Press the valet/program button located under dash on driverâ€™s side.
3. Turn the ignition to ON.
4. Within 5 seconds of step 3 press the valet/program switch 1 time, release it, press it again and hold it. You may hear a chirp, beep, or honk.
5. Within 5 seconds press left button on remote for 2 seconds. You may hear chirp, beep, or honk.
6. Release the valet/program switch, press again, and release it, press again, hold it.
Press the right button on the remote (get chirp, beep, or honk) and release the
valet/program switch, press again, release it, press again and hold it. Press both
buttons on the remote and get a chirp, beep, or honk.
7. Release the valet/programming switch.
8. Turn ignition to OFF.
If your vehicle’s system was installed without the valet switch you can order one and install it to make it easier to do the programming.