Note: Each system module has eight “slots”, or memory locations to store transmitter codes giving it the ability to operate from up to eight transmitters. For proper operation, a transmitter code must be stored into each memory slot. When using less than eight transmitters, follow the suggested programming parameters:
One Remote Transmitter – Program eight (8) times
Two Remote Transmitters – Program each transmitter four (4) times
Three Remote Transmitters – Program two transmitters three (3) times, and the remaining transmitter twice.
1. Open the driver’s door.
1a. The 20/B wire must initially see a ground to access programming.
2. Turn vehicle ignition on.
3. Press and hold emergency override button. After 10 seconds, the siren or horn will sound three (3) times. This indicates that the unit has entered the transmitter programming mode.
4. Release the button.
5. Press the LOCK button on the remote transmitter to be programmed. The siren or horn will sound once, indicating that the system has “learned” that remote transmitter.
6. repeat step 5 for any additional transmitters or transmitter codes.
7. Turn the vehicle ignition off to exit the programming mode. Test all remote transmitters to ensure that they work properly by toggling the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons.
If you can’t find your valet switch click here.
If your vehicle’s system was installed without the valet switch you can order one and install it to make it easier to do the programming.