Keychain remotes included with the system are pre-programmed Each button has been pre-assigned to control a specific function of the system. System can only save up to 8 remote codes. The first remote programmed to the system will be erased from the systemâ€™s memory if you exceeded to the limit.
Before you can program the remote, your alarm system must be disarmed and out of Valet mode.
1. Open the driverâ€™s door and make sure interior light turns on.
2. Turn your key to ON or RUN position without starting the car.
3. Press and Hold the valet button/switch under your dash. Within 10 seconds the system will honk the horn 3 times to indicate the system is in programming mode.
4. Release the valet switch/button.
5. Press the LOCK button on the remote. The system will respond by honking one time telling you the remote has been programmed.
6. Do step 5 for all additional remotes.
Do these steps to delete your damaged or lost remote’s code from the system.
1. Gather all remotes left.
2. Enter the programming mode by doing steps 1 â€“ 5 (From the first instruction on top)
3. If only have one remaining remote, press the LOCK button on that remote control 4 times, pausing at least a second in between each press. The horn must â€˜honkâ€™ each time you press the LOCK button.
3a. If two remaining remotes, press the LOCK button on each remote two 2 times, pausing a second in between each press. The horn must â€˜honkâ€™ each time you press the LOCK button.
3b. If you have three remaining remotes, press the LOCK button on two of the remote controls one 1 time, then press the LOCK button on the remaining remote control twice. Pause a second in between each press. The horn must â€˜honkâ€™ each time you press the LOCK button.
4. Turn the ignition off once you’re done.
If you can’t find your valet switch click here.
If your vehicle’s system was installed without the valet switch you can order one and install it to make it easier to do the programming.