The keychain transmitters included with the system have been pre-programmed at the factory. Each button has been pre-assigned to control a specific function of the system. The system will store codes from up to 4 different transmitters. The first transmitter programmed to the system will be erased from the systemâ€™s memory if a 5th transmitter is programmed.
To program new or additional transmitters, the alarm must be disarmed and out of valet mode:
1. Open the driver’s door (verify that the vehicle’s interior light turns on).
2. Turn the ignition key to the ON or RUN posiotion.
3. Press and hold the emergency override button.
3a. After 10 seconds the horn will honk three (3) times. This indicates that the system has entered transmitter programming mode.
4. Relese the emergency override button.
5. Press the LOCK button on the remote transmitter to be programmed.
5a. The horn/siren will sound 1 time, indicating that the system has learned that remote transmitter.
6. repeat step 5 for any additional remote transmitters.
If you can’t find your valet switch click here.
If your vehicle’s system was installed without the valet switch you can order one and install it to make it easier to do the programming.