The keychain transmitter included with the system have been pre-programmed at the factory, with each button pre-assigned to control a specific function of the system. It is important to remember that during programming, each individual step of the procedure must be executed within 15 seconds of the previous step. When the 15 second time limit is allowed to expire, the system will automatically terminate the programming mode. This is indicated by a long chirp from the siren. Additionally, the system will store codes from up to 4 different transmitters. If a 5th transmitter is programmed to any receiver channel, then the first transmitter programmed to that channel will be erased from the systemâ€™s memory.
To program new or additional transmitters, the alarm must be disarmed and the valet switch must be in the OFF position:
1. Enter the vehicle, and turn the ignition key to the ON position.
2. Flip the valet switch ON then OFF 3 times
3. The dash LED will flash one time, and the sounding device will beep one time, indication the system is ready to accept programming for receiver channel 1.
4. Press and hold the Arm/Disarm Icon button until the sounding device emits a long beep, indicating the signal has been stored into memory.
5. If you have additional transmitters (up to 4) that need to be programmed, repeat step 4 for each transmitter.
If you can’t find your valet switch click here.
If your vehicle’s system was installed without the valet switch you can order one and install it to make it easier to do the programming.