1. Turn the key in the ignition to ON position or start the engine.
2. Enter your PIN number using the Plainview 2 valet switch.
Note: The Factory default PIN number is 2 and can be entered by pressing the * button twice then the â€˜blank’ button once on the Plainview 2 valet switch.
3. PRESS and HOLD the * button until you hear one chirp and the Status LED turns on, then RELEASE the * button.
4. PRESS the â€˜blankâ€™ button once. Pause until you hear one chirp.
5. PRESS the * button once. The siren will chirp once as you push the button.
6. Press the lock/unlock button on your new transmitter. The siren will chirp once to confirm it has received the transmission.
7. Press the lock/unlock button a second time. The siren will chirp twice to confirm it has learned your new transmitter.
8. Turn the ignition off and remove the key. The alarm will chirp three times to indicate exiting transmitter learn routine.
If your vehicle’s system was installed without the valet switch you can order one and install it to make it easier to do the programming.