To program your new transmitter:
1. IGNITION ON: Place the key into the ignition and turn to the ON position or start the engine.
2. ENTER PIN NUMBER: Enter your PIN number using the Plainview 2 valet switch.
Note: The Factory default PIN number is 2 and can be entered by pressing the * button twice then the â€˜blank’ button once on the Plainview 2 valet switch.
3. PRESS/HOLD/RELEASE: Immediately PRESS and HOLD the * button until you hear one chirp and the Status LED turns on, then RELEASE the * button.
4. PRESS/RELEASE: PRESS and RELEASE the â€˜blankâ€™ button once. Pause until you hear one chirp.
5. PRESS/RELEASE: PRESS and RELEASE the * button once. The siren will chirp once as you push the button.
6. TRANSMIT: Press the lock/unlock button on your new transmitter. The siren will chirp once to confirm it has received the transmission.
7. TRANSMIT AGAIN: Press the lock/unlock button a second time. The siren will chirp twice to confirm it has learned your new transmitter.
8. IGNITION OFF: Turn the ignition off and remove the key: The alarm will chirp three times to indicate exiting transmitter learn routine.
9. TEST TRANSMITTER: Press the lock/unlock button to verify that the transmitter is operating the
If your vehicle’s system was installed without the valet switch you can order one and install it to make it easier to do the programming.