ATTENTION: You need to make sure the Alarm is disarmed. The RED LED must be off. If the alarm sounds when you open the door or start the vehicle without using a remote then do the following: Press valet switch while the ignition is ON. If that did not work then do it while the ignition is OFF.
Follow the steps to program your remote:
1. Open the door.
2. Press the valet switch/button located under the dash on driverâ€™s side.
3. Turn the key in the ignition to ON position.
4. Within 5 seconds, press the valet switch/button once, then press and hold it. You may hear a chirp, beep or honk.
5. Within 5 seconds press the left button on the remote for 2 seconds and you may hear chirp, beep, or honk.
6. Release the valet switch/button, press again and release it, then press and hold it. Press the right button on the remote and release the valet switch/button, press again, release it, then press and hold it. Press both buttons on the remote and get a chirp, beep, or honk.
7. Release the valet switch button and turn the key in the ignition to OFF.
If your vehicle’s system was installed without the valet switch you can order one and install it to make it easier to do the programming.