Valet mode wonâ€™t work if the alarm is not disarmed. The red LED must also be turned off. If there is no working remote and the alarm sounds when you open the door or start the vehicle then do the following:
Press the valet switch/button while the ignition is ON. If that didn’t work then do it with the ignition OFF.
Programming a new remote:
1. Open the driver’s door until the remote is programmed.
2. Turn the key in the ignition to ON.
3. Within 5 seconds, press the valet switch/button the number of times corresponding to the desired channel on the chart below. Once you have selected the channel, press and hold it until you that certain button is programmed “View Step no. 4”. LED will flash the same number of times as you pressed the valet switch/button and the siren will chirp.
4. Press the button on the remote you’re programming to that channel then you will hear a chirp.
5. Release the valet switch/button and remove the key.
If your vehicle’s system was installed without the valet switch you can order one and install it to make it easier to do the programming.