Thank you for purchasing an additional DesignTech transmitter. Your transmitter has the following speacial features:
1. These transmitter have a special “SHIFT” feature (Button#1) which allows control of four separate vehicle with one single transmitter.
2. Anti-Scan technology to prevent copying.
3. Three color LED to confirm function and transmission verification.
4. Uses one 3-volt lithium battery (CR2032), easily obtained at Radio Shack (Ca#23-162) or other stores.
To control the First vehicle, simply push the button on the transmitter to controlthe desired function.
To control the Second vehicle, when button #1 is pushed, the transmitter “shifts” to the control the second vehicle (the colored LED light on the transmitter alternates between RED and GREEN). Then while the LED is flashing, push the button on the transmitter to control the desired function.
To control the Third vehicle, when button #1 is pushed a second time, the transmitter “shifts” to the control the third vehicle (the colored LED light now flashes RED). Then while the LED is flashing, push the button on the transmitter to control the desired function.
To control the Fourth vehicle, when button #1 is pushed a third time, the transmitter “shifts” to the control the forth vehicle (the colored LED light now flashes GREEN). Then while the LED is flashing, push the button on the transmitter to control the desired function.
After the LED stops flashing, the transmitter goes back to controlling vehicle #1.
When teaching the same transmitter to several differant vehicles, it is important to remember to “shift” the transmiiter accordingly before pushing the START button (Button#2) to teach the transmitter to the unit.
There are 2 methods to teach the module (brain) the transmitter code:
1. By accessing the module
2. Without accessing the module–generally the easier approach if your unit has that capability.
TRANSMITTER CODE LEARNING AT THE MODULE.
The module is often be located under the driver’s side of the dash and usually mounted above the gas andd brake pedals.
1. Turn Control Switch ON.
2. Push the RED button to the right of the red LED, The red LED and the dash lights will come on for a second. (The remote starter powers the ignition and accessing wires)
3. Hold down the START button (Button#2) on the transmitter until the red LED an the dash lights come on again for second. (The module has now learned the transmitter code.) Release the transmitter button.
4. To learn additional transmitters(up to 3 more), immediately (within 5 seconds) push and hold the START button (Button#2) on another transmitter until the red LED and the dash lights come on for a second again.
5. Wait 10 seconds after the last transmitter was taught to the unit, the LED, ignition and accessories will flash 4 times signaling tat the unit has exited code Learning.
Note: Teaching the module a new transmitter code will erase all previous codes, so all transmitter must be taught at the same time. You have only 5 seconds between transmitters to begin teaching a new transmitter.
REMOTE TRANSMITTER CODE LEARNING WITHOUT ACCESSING THE MODULE.
all DesignTech Remote Starters have a special feature that allows new trabsmitters to be taught without accessing the module under the dash.
1. Turn ignition (key) On then OFF (Do not start the vehicle).
2. Flip control toggle switch OFF then ON.
3. Slowly push the brake pedal TWICE (dash lights will turn on for 2 seconds).
4. Flip control toggle switch OFF then ON(while dash lights are on for the transmitter).
5. PUSH and HOLD the START button (Button#2) on the transmitter.
6. The dash lights will turn on then off to signal the code has been learned.
7. Teach other transmitters. Repeat steps 5 and 6.
8. Dash lights will turn on and off four times to signal the exit of the programming mode.
NOTE: These transmitter will not operate other brands of remote starter, alarms, or keyless entry systems.
If you can’t find your valet switch click here.