NOTE: Alarm must be disarmed. Valet mode wonâ€™t work. The red LED must be off. If there is no working remote and the alarm sounds when you open the door or start the vehicle then do the following: Press valet switch for one second and release with the ignition ON. If that doesnâ€™t work then do it with ignition OFF.
Programming instruction by adding a new remote for DEI R350 system:
1. Leave the driver door open until the remote is programmed.
2. Turn the ignition ON. Don’t start the engine.
3. Within 5 seconds of step 2 press the valet/program switch 7 times, and hold it on the eighth. You may hear a chirp, beep, or honk and the LED light on dash will flash. Do not release valet/program switch.
4. Within 5 seconds press the LOCK button on the remote transmitter. You may hear chirp, beep, or honk.
5. Release the valet/programming switch.
6. Turn ignition to OFF.
If your vehicle’s system was installed without the valet switch you can order one and install it to make it easier to do the programming.