This keyless remote programming instruction works on this remote with an FCC id CWTWB1U751
REMINDER: Once you placed your receiver on programming mode it’s memory will be erased.So, make sure to reprogram your existing remote too if you are to use them.
1. Close and lock all doors with the driverÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s side lock/unlockswitch.
2. Put the key in the ignition and remove the key six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you do this step successfully. System will not enter programming mode if you do this step too fast or too slow.
3. Put key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.
4. Within 5 seconds, press ANY button on the remote ONCE. Then your Hazard Lamps will flash. Indicating the remote and system is paired.
5. To program your old remote, unlock and lock all doors using the driverÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s side power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each you will be programming.
6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove it from the ignition, unlock doors using
the driverÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door. And you’re done. Troubleshooting:
1. Check the key sensor in the ignition cylinder if working by opening the driver door and inserting the key into the ignition. The chime will sound if the sensor is working properly. If the chime does not sound then you need to wiggle the key in the cylinder to see if you can place it in a position where the chime does sound. If it worked, then that’s the position you must put the key in when you insert and withdraw 6 times within 10 seconds.If you canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t wiggle into a position where it works then you need to have the sensor replaced before continuing.
2. Make sure the 6 times within 10 seconds requirement is met. The most common problem is doing this step too fast or too slow.
3. If the hazard lights flash with the key sequence but not when the remote button is pressed make sure you are meeting the 5 second timing requirement and that you are pressing the remote button only once for 1 second.
4. You can try the procedure with the seat belt on/off and windows are closed.