This keyless remote programming instruction works on this 3B remote with part # 89742-20200, 89742-0C020, 89742-42120 and FCC id HYQ12BAN, HYQ12BBX
1. Before going to programming mode make sure:
a. There are no keys in the ignition.
b. Your door (Driver’s door) is open and unlocked others are closed.
2. Now, do this twice within 5 seconds:
a. Put your key in and out the ignition. (Don’t start the engine)
3. Do these within 40 seconds:
a. Close then open the door twice.
b. Put your key in the ignition and pull it out once.
4. Within 40 seconds, perform these steps:
a. Close then open the Driver’s door twice.
b. Insert the key in the ignition.
c. Close the Driver’s door.
d. Turn the key in the ignition to the ON position then turn it back off. (Make sure the engine did not start)
e. Take the key off the ignition.
5. In 3 seconds the door locks will lock and unlock. It means you’re now in programming mode. If not, go back to step 1.
6. Now, program your remote and do these steps within 40 seconds.
a. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously and release it.
b. Press and hold the unlock button on your remote for 2 seconds. If the door locks cycles (lock and unlock) once within 3 seconds then you’ve successfully programmed your remote. If twice, then you need to go back to step a and b.
7. Once you’re done, open your door (Driver’s door) and do your thing.