1997 1998 1999 2000 Buick Regal Keyless Remote Programming Instructions
Note: Before starting the programming procedure, have with you all the keyfobs you will be using on the car. When you enter programming mode, all previous remotes will be eliminated from the memory. The other key fobs will not work unless you program the key fobs again.
1. Shut your car doors.
2. Put key in ignition and turn to ON (As far as you can without starting engine)
3. Turn ignition to OFF and take out the key from the ignition.
4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch in the UNLOCK position and donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t let go until step 8.
5. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Don’t turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
6. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Don’t turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
7. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Don’t turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.
8. Let go the door lock switch. Your vehicle will play three beeps so that you can verify the Programming Mode has engaged.
9. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons in unison on the keyless fob and hold until the car beeps twice to verify that the fob has been successfully programmed (this takes around 15 seconds).
10. Repeat step 9 for every remote you wish to program including your current working remotes. You can teach the car up to four fobs.
11. Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Programming Mode.