This keyless remote programming instructions work for L,U,P remote with part # MR587859 FCC id HYQ12ABA on the back of it.
1. Look for the Data Line Connector (DLC) underneath the driverâ€™s side dashboard. DLC can be located either to the left or the right of the steering column base. The figure to the side will serve as a map for your DLC (they usually are not numbered). View in figure b, is looking straight into the cavities of the DLC. Check how the DLC is tapered on both ends: we will be working on the wider row of cavities (1 through 8 in figure b.).
2. Put the key in the ignition leave it OFF.
3. Check if metal contact pins are present in terminals 1 and 4, then use a jumper wire to connect the terminal 1 and 4. NOTE: Make sure you know which terminals are 1 and 4 and leave the jumper wire connected until the 7th step.
4. Press the Hazard Switch 6 times within 10 seconds. The door locks will cycle (lock and unlock) which means you’ve activated the programming mode.
5. Wintin 10 seconds, press Lock and Unlock buttons on the remote. You’ll get another door lock cycle which means the remote has been programmed.
6. If you want to program another remote just press Lock or Unlock button 3 times within 1 minute. Door locks will cycle indicating it’s been programmed.
7. Take the jumper wire the terminals and the key from the ignition to exit from programming mode.